Pioneer are proud to announce the launch of it's Stunning new SE-MONITOR 5 Closed-back Dynamic Headphone.
Following on from the success of the Amazing SE-Master 1's, Pioneer have developed a breathtaking closed-back version, giving you all the advantages of an open-backed headphone without the sound leakage.
Achieving this meant exploring brand new and exciting new driver materials, innovating structures that limit resonance, and introducing proven technologies we unveiled in our SE-MASTER 1 flagship open-backed headphone.
Pioneer’s engineers turned to that most traditional of materials – wood – when developing the new headphone’s custom-built 50mm, full-range drive unit.
Cellulose Nano-Fibre, formed from highly refined organic wood pulp, is used to form a unique driver profile that minimises undesirable resonances.
As a result of this, these headphones let your music unfurl over a vast and expansive soundstage with captivating separation, detail and control normally only found in an open-backed design headphone.
Supplied are two sets of detachable premium ear pads, offering both Velour & Leather type, these sculptured 3D memory-foam cushioned pads offer the listener extreme comfort for prolonged immersive listening.
The SE-MONITOR 5 comes with three sets of detachable audio cables. There’s the 1.6m and 3m leads for conventional unbalanced audio outputs (using 3-pole, 3.5mm connectors).
Additionally, you’ll find a 1.6m version in the bundle. This is specifically for balanced audio (using a four-pole, 2.5mm connector).
All the cables (constructed with OFC Litz wire) are carefully braided to resist electromagnetic interference.
The balanced version offers the potential for enhanced channel-separation, headroom and clarity, a perfect partner for the Pioneer XDP-30R & XDP-300R Balanced Digital Audio Players. Pioneer also provide a soft carry pouch as well.
Make a telepathic connection to music with the SE-MONITOR5. As a fully-enclosed dynamic stereo headphone that provides an excellent listening environment, focus is placed on faithful reproduction of Hi-Res Audio formats. Yet Pioneer has voiced them to convey music’s emotional intent for a listening experience that moves mind and soul.
- Headphone Type: Fully-enclosed Dynamic Headphones
- Driver Units: 50 mm Cellulose Nano-Fiber Wide-Spectrum Driver
- Impedance: 40 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–85 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW
- Magnesium Alloy Base and Housing to Reduce Resonance
- Advanced Double Chamber Construction with Ports for Bass Definition and Clarity
- Magnesium Alloy Housing with Original Diffuser to Reduce Distortion
- Copper-coated Aluminum Voice Coil and Large Magnet
- Full-frame Magnesium Alloy Basket with Screws
- Floating Structure with Rubber Insulators to Reduce Vibration and Cross-channel Interference
- Separate Super Duralumin Alloy Hangers
- Padded Headband with Finely Adjustable Slider Mechanism
- 3D Sculpted Earpads for Excellent Comfort and Seal
- Memory-foam Earpads Wrapped in Comfortable Velour-type Cloth or Soft Leather-type Material (Factory Default: Velour-type Cloth)
- Detachable Cord Design for Sound Personalization and Service
- 3 m Dual-wire Braided Cord (Unbalanced)
- 1.6 m Dual-wire Braided Cord (Unbalanced)
- 1.6 m Dual-wire Braided Cord (Balanced)
- Gold-plated 3.5 mm 3-pole Stereo Connector (Unbalanced Cords)
- Gold-plated 2.5 mm 4-pole Stereo Connector (Balanced Cord)
- Gold-plated 3.5 mm Connectors for L/R Channels (All Cords)
- High Conductivity, Low-resistance Copper-core Cords
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Weight: 480g (without cord)
- Cord 1: Unbalanced Cord (OFC Litz Wire) 1.6 m, φ3.5 mm Stereo Mini-plug (Gold-plated)
- Cord 2: Unbalanced Cord (OFC Litz Wire) 3.0 m, φ3.5 mm Stereo Mini-plug (Gold-plated)
- Cord 3: Balanced Cord (OFC Litz Wire) 1.6 m, φ2.5 mm 4-pole Stereo Super-mini Plug (Gold-plated/Balanced Connection-compatible)
- 2x Ear Pad (Polyurethane / Leather Finish)
- Carrying Pouch
- Gold-plated 3.5 mm to 6.3 mm Plug Adapter