The new Astell and Kern SE180 Hi Res player is the latest in addition to the A&Futura range. The A&K SE180 sits between the Kann range and the award winning SE200. It features a mudular DAC design, allowing you to customize the DAC to your specific requirements. Like all A&K players, it is beautifully made and one of the best sounding Digital Audio Players on the market.
With excellent battery life and offline playback, it is a joy to behold.
Interchangeable DAC Modules - The innovative interchangeable DAC design not only offers a new level of audio flexibility for the user but also improves the sound performance.
TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution Technology - The A&futura SE180 harbours TERATON ALPHA technology, it effectively removes power noise and provides efficient power consumption and amplification right through to the audio output interface stage where the digital-to analogue signal conversion (DAC) takes place.
Right Enhanced User Interface Design. The A&futura SE180 user-interface has been enhanced to offer an experience consistent with an Android smartphone.
Full HD Display - Album artwork pops from the screen with the A&futura SE180 is the first Astell&Kern player to boast a full HD display.
Connectivity- The A&futura SE180 is also the first model to feature AK File Drop for easier wireless file transfers. Users can wirelessly transfer files through a PC, smartphone, or FTP program located on the same network to make music management even more convenient.
Astell&Kern, the global leader in premium portable high resolution audio devices, introduces the SE180, the third model in its award-winning A&futura series and the audio specialist’s first player to feature interchangeable all-in-one DAC modules. Expanding on the multi-DAC innovation first introduced with the SE200, music fans can customise their sound with different audio-flavoured DACs to find the hi-fi-grade sonics that suit them.
The A&futura SE180 is the company’s most advance player yet and is the first model to boast Astell&Kern’s TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution technology for improved audio, an enhanced user interface design, a full HD display and added advanced connectivity functionality.
- Body Color: Moon Silver
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 5.0inch 1920x1080 FHD
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playback: Services(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- Input: USB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- Charging: 9V 1.67A / 5V 2A
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptXTM HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 3.03 ”(77 mm) [W] x 5.09 ”(129.2 mm) [H] x 0.78 ”(19.9 mm) [D] (Only body)
- Dimensions: 3.03 ”(77 mm) [W] x 5.4 ”(137.2 mm) [H] x 0.78 ”(19.9 mm) [D] (Combined with a module)
- Weight: 9.88 oz (280 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- SAR: Body 10g SAR (W/Kg) _ WLAN 2.4Ghz : 0.016
- Wheel: LED Light (LED Indicator)
- Battery capacity: 3,800mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer Battery
- Battery charge time: about 5hours (Standard : 5V / 2A Charging), about 3hours (Fast : 9V / 1.67A Charging)
- Built-in memory: 256GB [NAND]
- External memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows 8,10(32/64bit) Mac OS X 10.7 and up
- Clock Jitter: 25ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 800 Femto Seconds
- Model: SEM1
- Body Color: Moon Silver
- Body Material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Polycarbonate
- Sample Rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported / 4.4mm, only 5-pole supported)
- Output Level: [Normal Gain] Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load), [High Gain] Unbalanced 3Vrms / Balanced 6Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: ESS ES9038PRO (Single DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit playback
- Dimensions: 3.03 ”(77 mm) [W] x 2.99 ”(76 mm) [H] x 0.78 ”(19.9 mm) [D]
- Weight: 3.53 oz (100 g)
- Playback Time: about 10.5hours (FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Vol.50, LCD Off)
- Frequency Response: ±0.04dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.04dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced
- Frequency Response: ±0.07dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.06dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: [Normal Gain] 122dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 126dB @ 1kHz, Balanced / [High Gain] 125dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 129dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: [Normal Gain] -138dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -145dB @ 1kHz, Balanced / [High Gain] -138dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -147dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: [Normal Gain] 0.0005% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0004% @ 1kHz, Balanced / [High Gain] 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0004%, 800Hz 10kHz (4:1), Unbalanced / 0.0004%, 800Hz 10kHz (4:1), Balanced
- Output Impedance: 3.5mm (1ohm) / 2.5mm (1.5ohm) / 4.4mm (1.5ohm)