- A high-end phono preamp design stripped-down to meet a budget
- Suits high output moving magnet cartridges
- Output connects to a 'line' or 'aux' amplifier input
- Energy saving external power supply - self-adjusts to your mains/line voltage
- Take it to another level of performance by using our PSU1 power supply
- Designed to sound good when left on full-time
- Good choice for doing vinyl "rips"
Since its introduction in 2001 the budget Gram Amp 2 continues to communicate what's in the groove - few, if any, contenders can compare at the price!
A top notch high-end performance moving magnet sensitivity phono preamp stripped down to its most basic function, and presented in a low cost anodized aluminium enclosure so the listener on a budget can enjoy high end-sound.
Supplied with an economy carbon friendly remote power supply, the Gram Amp 2 Communicator can be given a serious performance uplift by powering it instead from our PSU1 power supply.
The output of the Gram Amp 2 Communicator is optimised for use with integrated amplifiers and high output magnetic cartridges.
It's also an ideal phono preamp for DJ use, and for digitising records to computer. Or just use it for listening to your vinyl records and you'll be immersed in hours of glorious fatigue-free listening.
As with all our products, the Gram Amp 2 Communicator phono preamp should be left powered-up for its circuits to fully stabilize, and give the intended performance.
||2mV to 10 mV
||168 to 841 mV for input range above
|Maximum input level
|Input impedance resistive
|Input impedance capacitive
||('A' weighted) -75dB
||RIAA within 0.5dB
|Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise
||115 x 85 x 45mm