Marantz again amplifies its dedication to pure musical performance with the rebirth of MusicLink, a product series launched in 1990 with the focus on reproducing the music essentials from small-size, rarely-seen design components. The aim is simple: to bring the listener all the emotion and musical detail of the original sound studio, combined with an elegant appearance and luxuriant feel. It is not a coincidence that the creator of the delightful new MusicLink Series is once again Ken Ishiwata.
This newly-developed Marantz HD-AMP1 is a High-Class compact amplifier, with superb, elegant, classic looks. But don’t let that misguide you, its advanced switching amplifier technology blasts out an ear-splitting 70W at 4ohms, while its dual crystal clock and discrete DAC post filter with Marantz HDAM-SA2 modules make standard counted sound feel as incredible as high-resolution audio.
This new amp also gives you the unique Marantz Musical Digital Filtering (MMDF), with two selectable filter characteristics to cater for different tastes and music. Each handles even the minutest of detail with loving care within the digital audio signal. As today’s new media not only comes in 44.1kHz/16 bit resolution – similar to the CD format, Marantz developed the digital section to handle signals of up to 384kHz/32bit resolution and DSD 2.8MHz / 5.6MHz / 11.2MHz. Optical and coaxial digital inputs are ready to connect a TV or set-top box, and there is a USB-B port to stream music directly from your PC or MAC.
iDevices can also be connected via the USB port on the front. To safeguard quality when connected to a computer, we built extended isolation around the USB-B input to eliminate the chance of high frequency noise generated by the computer entering the HD-AMP1. Information on volume, input, resolution, and more is shown on the stylish Marantz Porthole Display.
While the solid aluminium front is supported by a double layer bottom plate and retro-style side panels. Welcome to the world of compact ecstasy.
• Compact size Integrated Amplifier with digital inputs
• Current Feedback amplifier for pre-amplifier stage
• HDAM-SA2 for detailed audio reproduction
• Marantz Musical Digital Filtering
• 2x optical, coaxial and USB type B digital inputs capable
of 384kHz/32bit high resolution audio including native
• High quality SABRE D/A converter
• Dual Clock for high digital accuracy
• Extended isolation for USB-B input to avoid computer
• Gain control to support wide range of headphones
• Extended connectivity by 2 analogue inputs
• iDevice capable front USB input
• Marantz original speaker terminal SPKT-1
• Available in black & silvergold