**CLICK AND COLLECT ONLY** This item is only available as a click and collect item and will not be Mail Ordered. Please add the item to your basket and a member of Harrow Audio will contact you when the items are ready.
Available to audition in store now, the new Monitor Audio Gold 5th Generation is here! Available in Satin White, High Gloss Black, Walnut or stunning Gloss Ebony, the new design Gold goes back to a more traditional cabinet shape but still employs Monitor Audio's excellent Ribbon Tweeter and driver design from the Platinum II range.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
So well realised is the Gold 100, it’s the only stand mounting speaker of the series. The combination of 6½" (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, it’s an accurate and informative listen, able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful.
Frequency Response (-6 dB)
40 Hz – 50 kHz
2.8 Ohms @ 3.4 kHz
110 dBA (Pair)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
60 – 120 W
HiVe II port system
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))
360 x 195 x 330.6 mm (143/16 x 711/16 x 13")
External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
9.12 kg (20 lb 2 oz)