Revered by audiophiles around the globe, Monitor Audio’s award-winning Silver Series enters its sixth generation with a host of new features to make it the best-performing ever.
Sit back and prepare to enjoy this fabulous combination of engineering excellence and fabulous design whatever your hi-fi or home theatre loudspeaker requirements. Choose from stand-mount, floorstanders, centre channel, surround and subwoofer designs to create your perfect home system.
Whatever you choose from the Silver Series you will love the fabulous sound and design, which is the result of over 40 years of loudspeaker development to produce accurate audio with aesthetic perfection. Wallow in abundant dynamics, rich textures and immense detail and enjoy the holographic clarity and pinpoint imaging which every Silver Series model creates. Prepare to re-live your music collection with Silver.
The Silver 200’s sleek appearance makes it a truly compact and attractive floorstander, blending audiophile performance with lifestyle proportions. A pair of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM bass drivers share the duties of delivering bass and mid/bass. Configured as a two-and-a-half way system both electrically and acoustically, you will be amazed at the magical sound quality that this slimline can produce in your home.
The two bass drivers operate in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure to provide differential tuning and are divided optimally with crossovers to ensure both bass drivers contribute to the lower frequencies. This ensures only the mid-range crosses over with the tweeter and results in a consistent and precise image, on and off axis. This configuration delivers performance approaching a three-way design whilst ensuring higher efficiency and extended low frequency, yet in a smaller cabinet.
The drive units are constructed with massive magnetic systems capable of deep bass extension. The low-frequency response has been engineered to provide smooth roll-off without exhibiting any of the usual ‘overhang’, meaning that the Silver 200 can be sited close to a wall and provide the ideal blend of domesticity and blazing performance. Diminutive for a floorstander, this model is no slouch. The Silver 200 is a serious audiophile speaker with amazing drive and incredible musicality. The engineering challenge was to create a smaller box with bigger sound; with the Silver 200, Monitor Audio achieves that goal so that you can enjoy your music and films with convincing realism.
- Two-and-a-half-way, three-driver configuration
- Differentially-tuned acoustic system means high efficiency with powerful low-frequency extension
- New 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- New 5¼-inch bass and 5¼-inch bass/mid drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increasing the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology means better transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling for the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors results in maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings for clean visual styling when fitted
- High-quality crossovers with premium-grade polypropylene film capacitors throughout
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Terminal panel located at floor level for easy termination and neat cable access
- Out-rigger feet (spiked, or rubber for hard flooring) provide attractive appearance while taking up less floor space
- Selected, premium-quality wood veneers, high gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.