You might not be familiar with the name Norma, but as soon as we heard it in our Demo room, we had to have it. We first came across the brand at the 2019 Hifi Show in Bristol and immediately wanted to have a longer listen. The Amplifiers have tremendous grip and control over the bass, as well as an open sweet soundstage. If you are in the market for a new amplifier then Norma should be added to your audition list. We think you will be blown away by the performance.
Read the EAR review hear
Norma HS IPA1:
NORMA is proud to announce the arrival of the highly anticipated HS-IPA1. A new integrated amplifier which is an addition to the acclaimed HS-Series. In line with the approach NORMA has had since its founding, the HS IPA1 answers to the needs of people who have the desire to listen to music as it was intended to be heard. The know-how and qualities that have always represented Norma are present in our latest creation; Neutrality, timbre accuracy, absence of grain and listening fatigue, paired with great dynamics and a sense of natural musicality.
The HS IPA1 is engineered on a two-level structure, with the power supply section (derived directly from the REVO IPA 140) employing a custom-designed transformer and 10 special filter capacitors. Following the NORMA tradition, no wiring is used on the signal path. The fully modular constructive solution turns the HS IPA1 into a unique product, able to meet even the most expert user’s needs, easily updatable in the future. The NORMA HS IPA1 is available with 3 optional features.
DIGITAL-TO-ANALOGUE CONVERTER, which offers all the features of an evolved DAC and is equipped with 5 full bandwidth digital inputs, (24-bit, 192KHz PCM, DSD, asynchronous USB and SPDIF).
PHONO STAGE, with user-selectable impedance and gain values, to feed the HS-IPA1 signal from both MM and MC cartridges. It brings the accuracy of a quality external unit, without the hassle of additional cabling.
HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER, not just another feature of this extremely versatile amplifier, but a real high quality headphone amplifying section, able to drive in the best way possible all of the headphones available on market, from little 16 Ohm earphones, to the toughest of the popular orthodynamics.
· 4 RCA analogue inputs.
· User-configurable output connections (subwoofer, tape, etc.)
· Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
· Wide band ( >1 MHz ) schematic topology.
· 2 x 24 A continuous output current (100 A peak per channel)
· 2 x 75 W RMS / 8 Ohm - 150 W RMS / 4 Ohm
· High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
· Regulated power supply for both Gain and Driver stages.
· Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.
· Multi-function display.
· Remote control of all functions.
· Dimensions (HxWxD): 118x214x370 mm, weight: 12 Kg.
· 6,3 mm Jack connection.
· User-selectable output sensitivity.
· High-current, high-voltage output.
· Drives dynamic and orthodynamic headphones (16-600 Ohm)
DIGITAL INPUT BOARD:
· 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, 2 x SPDIF OPTICAL.
· USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit / 192 KHz.
· High Resolution Digital-to-Analog converter, DSD-compatible.
PHONO INPUT STAGE:
· High quality, low noise phono section.
· Compatible with MM/MC cartridges.
· User-selectable Gain and Input Impedance values