You might not be familiar with the name Norma, but as soon as we heard it in our Demo room, we had to have it. We first came across the brand at the 2019 Hifi Show in Bristol and immediately wanted to have a longer listen. The Amplifiers have tremendous grip and control over the bass, as well as an open sweet soundstage. If you are in the market for a new amplifier then Norma should be added to your audition list. We think you will be blown away by the performance.
Norma REVO IPA-140
The Norma Revo IPA-140 integrated amplifier represents a definitive choice for amplification. Its high power (140W/8Ohm) and the ability to drive the most demanding speakers, make it an extremely versatile amp. Versatility is enhanced by the ability to customize the input/output connections, and to insert a Phono MM/MC board.
The elegant and sophisticated style is perfectly in tune with its sound personality. Power, dynamics, speed and transparency are combined to create outstanding musicality and a total absence of listening fatigue. The inside workings show that the technical refinement follows the same philosophy. The Revo IPA-140 uses proprietary circuitry, regulated high-speed power, low noise and is built with a careful selection of the best materials available.
- Extreme low noise, high speed schematic topology and wide band ( >2 MHz ).
- High current MOS-FET power device (150 A output peak current).
- 12 power devices for a total rated 1.500 W power handling capability.
- Separate power supply for Gain, Driver and Output stage.
- High speed and low noise regulated power supply for gain and driver stage.
- High filtering capacity (70.000 uF) with numerous (24) low impedance capacitors.
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
- Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow, low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with low output impedance, 2 x 400 VA.
- Input configurable as Direct Inputs, for Home Theater use
- Outputs configurable as Pre Out, Active or Passive, for use with Power Amp,
and/or with Active Subwoofer
- XLR balaced input
- Remote control of all functions with NORMA RC-4 remote control.
- Two-speed volume control (Fine and Fast).
- Settings for phono stage inside with 2 mono boards for left and right channels.
- High quality phono stage option, for MM and MC pick-up
- Protection for DC signal sensitive speakers.
- Input selection by relay with GOLD/PALLADIUM contacts.
- RCA solid core gold plated plug connector for all signal connections.
- Stand-by mode switches off the microprocessor once the command is executed, so as to annul any interference towards analogue signal.
Inputs: 4 RCA, 1 XLR Balanced, optional Phono, 1 USB DAC optional
Input impedance: 47Kohm (not selected input) / 10 Kohm (selected input)
Input Configuration: Phono MM/MC, Line, Direct AV, Balanced
Output Signal: Passive Pre Out , Active Pre Out, Tape out, Subwoofer out
Output Impedance (Pre-Out): 200 ohm
Output Power: 1 Binding Post pairs, accept 4mm banana plugs and fork
Frequency Response: 0 Hz – 1.8 MHz (-3dB, non filtered)
Output Power: 140 W RMS / 8 Ohm – 280 W RMS / 4 Ohm (each channel)
Gain: 34 dB
Configuration: Dual Mono
Circulation: Solid state,
Power devices: MosFet, 3 pairs for each channel
Output current available: 36 A continuous, 150 A peak (per channel)
Ability to filter: 72.000 uF, 12 electrical capacitor for each channel
Electric transformers: 2 toroidal special audio use, 400 VA per channel
Power Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some country)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 110 x 430 x 365 mm, (excluding feet, knob and rear jacks)
Weight: 25 Kg
Stereo Integrated Amplifier fully remote controlled