Project Essential III Phono Turntable. Based on the Award winning Essential III with the addition of a built in Phono Pre Amp.
- EISA award winning turntable range
- Beautiful high-gloss plinth and platter
- Built-in switchable phono stage
The Essential III Phono is part of Pro-Ject Audio Systems' affordable turntable concept series. The Essential III FlexiRange allows you to pick exactly which turntable is right for your personal system, without wasting money on unnecessary features for your need.
All models in the FlexiRange are based on the standard Essential III turntable. From the high-quality, acoustically neutral, high-gloss MDF plinth and platter, through the premium bearing and decoupling feet, all the way onto the aluminium tonearm, Ortofon OM 10 cartridge and 9V asynchronous motor; the Essential III is a proven performer that’s more than justified its 5 Star rating from What Hi-Fi? magazine.
The Essential III Phono takes all the advantages of the standard Essential III, but adds a Line level output for effortlessly simple integration into any hi-fi system.
The integrated phono stage in the Essential III Phono is based on Pro-Ject’s award winning Phono Box range, offering precise RIAA equalisation and optimal signal gain for crystal clear playback through your speakers. Though the Line level output allows you to connect Essential III Phono to any LINE or AUX input on your amplifier, the handy switch on the side of the output terminal also allows you to turn the phono stage off. So as your system develops and you want to enjoy a superior phono stage, you do not need to upgrade the whole turntable. The Essential III Phono also utilises a junction box output, allowing for easy cable upgrades.
Like all models in the Essential III FlexiRange, the Essential III Phono is available in a high-gloss red, white or black finish.
- High quality MDF gloss-wrapped platter
- Belt drive mechanism with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor
- Integrated motor control with DC power supply secures silent running
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- 8.6" aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Factory fitted Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Built-in MM phono stage
- Switch to bypass internal phono stage
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- Lid included