Inspired by the Essential III Digital turntable, the Optical Box E Phono from Box Design by Pro-Ject Audio Systems gives digital audio enthusiasts a phono stage that can integrate a turntable into their audio system via optical transmission.
With the ever-increasing presence of soundbars, and the ongoing rise in the popularity of digital audio systems, there are many people in the market who may be interested in the vinyl revival but will struggle to integrate a turntable into their existing audio system. The Optical Box E Phono is an advanced MM-compatible phono stage with precise RIAA equalisation, based on the coveted Phono Box E design, including gold-plated RCA inputs and a Line level 3.5mm jack output. However, the addition of a high-quality (24-bit / 96kHz) optical output allows for easy integration into a digital audio system.
The Optical Box E Phono plays through the analogue and digital outputs simultaneously, and the inclusion of an additional Line level input allows this small-but-clever box to act as an input extender for any hi-fi system. The stylish housing - available in black or white - is also shielded with a metal interior, which protects the unit against vibrations and radio frequency interferences.
The Optical Box E Phono is the perfect partner for all audio enthusiasts who want to add analogue sources to their digital audio system.
- Bring vinyl playback to any digital audio system
- Ideal for use with soundbars or DAC-based hi-f systems
- Additional analogue output plays at same time as digital output
- Additional Line level input
- Functions as an input extender (connect two sources to one system)
- Functions as an output splitter (connect one source to two systems)
- Phono stage for MM cartridges
- Precise RIAA equalisation
- Gold-plated RCA inputs
- Outboard power supply included
- Available in black or white finish
||43dB (for MM cartridges)
|Phono Input Impedance:
|Phono Input Capacitance:
||1 x RCA (pair)
1 x 3.5mm Jack
||1 x Toslink
1 x 3.5mm Jack
|RIAA Equalisation Accuracy:
||20Hz - 20kHz / max. 0.5dB
|Outboard Power Supply:
||18V / 500mA DC
|Dimensions (W x H x D):
||120 x 32 x 106mm
||250g (without PSU)