After an extensive period of research, development and testing the RPM 9 Carbon from Pro-Ject Audio Systems is now here! It features an extra heavy mass loaded chassis which is decoupled from its surface using magnetic feet. The polished 7.2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter has TPE damping, a vinyl top and inverted ceramic main bearing delivering absolutely stable speeds along with extra low rumble.
To further enhance the RPM 9 Carbon the extra heavy outboard motor also consists of a precise motor control allowing for easy switching between 33 and 45 RPM.
All of this partnered with Pro-Ject’s no compromise 9cc Evolution tonearm ensures perfect tracking and pure sound quality even with the most demanding of cartridges.
The RPM 9 Carbon is delivered with a 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs (An XLR option is also available to special order).
Please note: You can add the flagship Ortofon Quintet Black to this model (Normally not supplied with a cartridge) saving £249 off the cartridge price. Alternatively If you're looking for a recommendation, please give us a call to discuss your options.
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7.2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter with TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Outboard motor construction with massive steel base
- Pre-mounted 9“ tonearm 9cc Evolution
||33 / 45 RPM
|Motor Completely Decoupled:
|Effective Tonearm Length:
|Effective Tonearm Mass:
||10 - 35mN
|Wow & Flutter:
|Signal to Noise:
|Platter Weight / Diameter:
||7.2kg / 300mm
||15V / 800mA DC
||13W Max. / <0.3W Standby
|Dimensions (W x H x D):
||440 x 180 x 325mm